This weekend saw 12 TSS Aquatic swimmers head to Melbourne for the National Short Course Championships. The 12 swimmers competing, qualified for 41 finals, converting 28 of these into medals, 11 Golds, 7 Silvers, 10 Bronze. The consistently successful performances from all the swimmers, (every swimmer competing qualified for a final) meant TSS Aquatic won the top club award for the 2nd year running.
Some individual Highlights from the meet:
- Josh Parrish (McK, 15) won Gold in the Men’s 1500m Freestyle for the 4th consecutive year.
- David Morgan won his 6th consecutive Men’s 100m Butterfly title.
- Grayson Bell (Wal, 16) won a silver medal in the Men’s 50 Freestyle, and was a part of the quartet alongside Zach Maher (Mau, 18), Josh Parrish (McK, 15) and David Morgan to win the Bronze in the 4x100m Freestyle relay.
- TSS Aquatic had its first 1, 2, 3 at a National competition, with Kiah Melverton, Moesha Johnson and Laura Taylor all on the podium in the Women’s 400m Freestyle.
- Kiah Melverton won Gold in the 200, 400, 800 and 1500m Freestyle and completed 5200m of racing in 3 days!